Who we are
THE VUVUZELA HOTLINE (PTY) LTD has been in operation as a Fraud Hotline since 2005, reducing losses resulting from fraud, negative publicity, and poor workplace morale. We have improved employee morale and loyalty by empowering employees to speak up and make a difference.
We are a B-BBEE exempted micro enterprise and a “level two” (2) B-BBEE contributor
We comply with SafeLine-EX Standard for External Whistleblowing Hotline Service Providers as certified by The Ethics Institute of South Africa
THE VUVUZELA HOTLINE (PTY) LTD provides various channels of communication for communities, through organisations and businesses, to voice their concerns about crime, substance abuse, unethical or corrupt behaviour and the intimidation and victimisation suffered by those who disclose information.
We provide a “safe space” for your stakeholders to communicate.
We provide various channels for stakeholders of client companies to voice their concerns about matters of criminal or unethical nature:
We provide a Hotline service with knowledgeable Call centre agents, ready to take your call 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, in all eleven (11) South African languages.
The SMS facility caters for those persons who do not have access to e-mail or the internet after hours, or web-based reporting for those persons who have after hours web-access.
Creating a “safe space” is a key corporate governance focus
The implementation of an anonymous feedback system such as ours is seen as a best corporate governance practice, in terms of the King 2 report on Good Corporate Governance. The core of good corporate governance is ensuring that a company is managed in a responsible and fair manner, based on the fundamental principles of honesty, fairness, accountability and transparency.
Legislation and regulatory trends and developments that are reinforcing the need to create and maintain a safe environment for reporting unethical and dishonest conduct include:
- Companies Act 71 of 2008
- Protected Disclosures Act 26 of 2000 amendments
- King IV
- Risk and Governance Frameworks.
Cutting edge solution
Our highly secured environment, systems and processes can provide your stakeholders with the peace of mind that their concerns are dealt with:
All reports are handled by a team of highly trained advisors. The advisors are submitted to stringent security clearances on a continued basis to ensure a secure and professional service. Experienced analysts will assess each call and provide you with a detailed and timely report that will include suggestions on next steps that can be taken to deal with the specific issue and manage your organisation’s risk exposure proactively.
The Vuvuzela Hotline
- The Vuvuzela Hotline (Pty) Ltd. Management Team has more than 23 years Contact Centre experience and also more than 40 years corporate experience. The team complements each other extremely well and is ideally suited to meet and exceed any Contact Centre and technological integration challenge.
- The team provides a multi-disciplinary service that helps organisations detect, prevent and combat fraud and corruption through a multiplicity of supportive actions.
- In compliance with a culture that is young, entrepreneurial, forthright and patriotic, our staff is employed, not only for their talent, but also for their professionalism, ethics and top intellectual capacity.
- We place great emphasis on the development needs of our staff. Highly specialised training is given to all staff at all levels, to ably equip them to exceed client expectations.
- Our staff is trained in providing efficient, pro-active and distinctly personalised services at all times.
- It is our belief that the success of an anonymous disclosure hotline is a factor of top management commitment to the initiative and stakeholder awareness and understanding of the concept.
- We also strongly support the letter and spirit of the Protected Disclosures Act of 2000 and believe that we can play an important role in ensuring higher levels of awareness and understanding with regards to the potential protection this Act can afford to whistle-blowers
We will endeavour to remain at the forefront of the fight against crime, corruption and discrimination through our involvement in national and international initiatives to combat it.
- Releasing integrity energy
- Creating pockets of integrity
- Creating a “safe space”
- Building sustainability
- Building trust and shared values
- Building magnetic organisations
- More than just a whistleblowing Hotline
- Mutual trust
- Whistleblowing Services